Bamboo shoots & pork leg soup is indispensable dish on holidays, Vietnamese Tet or anniversary meal in Vietnam. It is considered to be the traditional of the North.
– Pig’s legs: 1,5kg.
– Wood ear fungus, fresh onion.
– Salt, glutamate,…
– Dried bamboo shoots: 300g
– Soak the dried bamboo shoots in rice water for 8-10 hours, remove the old or stunted parts and clean thoroughly. Boil bamboo two or three times until no dark yellow boil water.
– To shave and wash the pig’s legs, chop it into large pieces then steam for a long time.
– Soak wood ear fungus until they bloom all, remove it’s leg.
– Remove roots of fresh onion, the white bulbs are cut long pieces and split vertically; the leave are cut into pieces.
– Put a little cooking oil in a pan, fry onion and then put prepared bamboo into pan and mix with spices. Next, put them into hot of pig’s leg and continue to steam until soft.