– Uncooked pork paste: 300g
– Pig’s nape fat: 50g
– Skin of pig: 100g
– Sugar: 1 spoon
– Powdered grilled rice: 1 spoon
– Crushed of garlic and dried shallot: 1 bulb for each
– Carambola: 1
– Unripe banana and star fruit: 1 for each
– Rice papers: 10
– Fresh herbs, dipping sauce, salt, pepper, spring onion
* Ingredients for making dipping sauce:
– Sweet soya sauce: 100g
– Minced pig liver: 50g
– Powdered red pepper: 1/4 tablespoon
– Roasted sesame seed: 1 spoon
– Broth: 150ml
– Sugar: 1 tablespoon
– Dried of shallot, garlic: 1 clover for each and chopped
– Roasted peanuts: 2 tablespoons (slightly crushed)
– Cooking oil
Making dipping sauce:
Heating cooking oil and frying the shallot with garlic until fragrant. Add pig’s liver, powderd red peppers and sugar then stir-fry. Pour in soya sauce and sir-fry for some minutes before adding the broth and bring to boil. When soya sauce thickens, season and return to boil. Then take out of the heat, ladle into small bowls, sprinkle with sesame seeds and peanuts.
Blanch pig’s nape fat and skin, cut into long and thin strips, mix the shallot and garlic with sugar; combine everything with uncooked pork paste, pepper, powdered grilled rice and blend well. Shape the mixture into large balls and thread each ball on to a skewer then grill over a charcoal fire until cooked (has golden color).
Remove the edge of carmbola, wash slices of carambola and banana in slightly saline water. wash and soak fresh berbs in slightly saline and drain. Then scald the green part of spring onion and drain.
Place a meatball on a skewer, a slice of carambola and banana, fresh herbs on a rice paper, roll up and use scaled onion to tie round.
And served this dish with dipping sauce.