The cake is a rice ball made of glutinous rice mixed with cudweed (khuc)-most important ingredient and filled with green bean paste, pork, and spices. Read more about Cudeweed cake (Khuc cake) – The Vietnam traditional cake.
Here is the way to make Cudweed cake:
– Glutinous flour: 1000g
– Green bean: 500g
– Glutinous rice: 400g
– Fresh grease: 200g
– Tapioca flour: 200g
– Fresh khuc leaf: 1000g
– Cooked grease, salt, mononatri glutamate, peppercorn.
– Remove extraneous matter from glutinous rice, wash them, soak into water for 2-6 hours, drain, mixing them with salt.
– To mix glutinous flour, tapioca flour, salt, grease, then put hot water and knead into soft.
– To remove stem of cudweed leaf, wash, boil, drain, grind and mix them with glutinous flour, grind them until they are extremely soft. Devide flour into small handfuls.
– To beak green beans in to two parts, soak into water, wash, cook, grind until fine.
– To boil fresh grease, cut up them into tiny cubes, mix them with bean, salt, peppercorn, mononatri glutamatri, take them into tiny pieces, about 50g for filling centre of cake.
– To round flour handfuls, roll, place it into the middle, wrapping.
– To spread a layer of glutinous rice on the bottom of autoclave, place a layer of cake, sprinkle a layer of glutinous rice…
– To steam them until cooked.
– Enjoy when they are still hot.