Nha Trang is a coastal city and the politics, economy, culture and tourism center of of Khanh Hoa province. It is also known as a city of festivals: Nha Trang Sea Festival, Miss Universe 2008, Miss World 2010… The beautiful beaches of the city have turned the place becomes a scenic collection attract many tourists visit this place.
Nha Trang has many famous scenic spots and this is a famous tourist center of Vietnam. The famous specialties of Nha Trang (Khanh Hoa province also) are bird nest. All the islands of birds nest are located in the area of Nha Trang.
How to get there?
From Ho Chi Minh City: You can buy your ticket at Vietnam Airlines with the price from VND 500,000/Ticket
Vietnam Airlines: will take about 90 minutes and the price from VND 1,100,000/Ticket.
Jetstar Pacific: The price from VND 900,000.
Arrival terminal: Cam Ranh Airport (CRX) about 30km from the city and for domestic flights.
>> Read more: How to travel to Vietnam by air
The Nha Trang railway station is one of the biggest stations on the railway (North to South) of Vietnam. All train routes will stop here. You can book tickets on Thong Nhat train, SNT1-2, SNT3-4, SQN1-2 and the 5-star train with the Saigon-Nha Trang route.
From Ho Chi Minh City:
Mai Linh bus: 6 trips per day. It takes 9 hours per trip and the price is VND 115,000.
Phuong Trang open bus, Sinh Cafe bus and other will start from Le Hong Phong street, Pham Ngu Lao street and Mien Dong bus station. There are many trips per day and the price is VND 120,000.
From Da Nang: There are many trips from Da Nang to Nha Trang at Da Nang bus station, all of them take about 9 hours per trip and the price about VND 130,000.
Hotels – Living?
Hotels in Nha Trang which you can book:
3-star Olympic Hotel: 08 Phan Boi Chau Street, Nha Trang – (84-58) 561 964, Fax: (84-58) 562 301
2 – star Bien Nha Trang hotel: 4 Tran Quang Khai, Dist. Nha Trang – (84-58) 524 468, Fax: (84-58) 521 159
In addition you can stay in motels or cheap hotels such as: Minh Hoa Hotel, Thanh Long Hotel,… the price for 2 persons room from VND 180,000- 220,000/day.
Transportation and tourist destinations?
In Nha Trang you can transfer by motorbike, bicycle, cyclo or taxi. Find taxi numbers here: Taxi phone numbers in Nha Trang – Khanh Hoa province
There are lots of destinations in Nha Trang that you should visit:
– Vinpearl land (Travel by cable from the mainland or canoes): The amusement modern park to play outdoor games and indoor water park, aquarium …
– Visit Oceanographic Institute, and then take the boat from the Da bridge to Tam island then visit Tri Nguyen aquarium.
– Mud bath at Thap Ba tourist area
– Take a river tourism to views Cai river from the boat
– Catch the Phuong Trang bus to travel to Cam Ranh Bay with the price only VND 15,000/person/time.
– Tourism snorkeling: the prices range VND 200,000-300,000/time.
– Ponagar Tower: Thap Ba Ponagar (Lady Tower Ponagar) located on the Cu Lao hill, next to Xom Bong and in front of Cai river, Phuoc Vinh Ward, Nha Trang City. It was built from the eighth century, where worship Goddess Ponagar – the mother country’s Champa ethnic and also the “Thiên Y Thánh Mẫu” of ethnic groups of Vietnam. Read more Thap Ba Ponagar – The destination should not missed in Nha Trang.
+ Hon Nhieu islet: where you can visit Tri Nguyen Aquarium
+ Hon Mun islet: is a small island in Nha Trang bay where the unique of Vietnam sea nature reserve is placed.
+ Hon Tam islet: is an attractive ecotourism destination
+ Hon Tre islet: is the biggest island in Nha Trang Bay, with the most beautiful natural beaches of Vietnam. Read more: The beaches should go in Vietnam.
– If you would like to rent a motorcycle for traveling around, you will be asked for a valid driving license. Therefore, should bring your driving license when traveling in Nha Trang.
Attractions in Nha Trang?
+ Dam market: This is the central tourism market of Nha Trang, with the beautiful and unique architecture. This is the largest market and is also the symbol of the city. At Dam market, you can buy lots of souvenirs and seafood…
+ Long Son Pagoda
+ Nui Church: a Catholic church in the city of Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa Province.
+ Nha Trang Oceanography Institute: a research institute life of marine animals.
+ Diamond Bay (Wonderpark Resort): a resort on the Nguyen Tat Thanh boulevard, where the coronation of the Miss Universe 2008 was completed.
+ Cau Da Villas (Bao Dai palace) is located on a Chut mountain: this is a famous historical and cultural relic.
Shopping and Drink & Eat?
Where you can buy gifts, souvenirs are: Nha Trang Maximark supermarket, Dam Market, Xom Moi market…
The specialty of Nha Trang are products of nest. In addition, you should try the noodles with fish, “Banh Canh”.