Ha Thai lacquer village (Duyen Thai lacquer)
Ha Thai village located in Duyen Thai commune, Thuong Tin district, Ha Noi.
- Chuyen My Wood Carving Village in Ha Noi
- Van Phuc Silk Village – The trademark of Ha Dong Silk
- Bat Trang Pottery Village – A symbol of Vietnam traditional trade village
- Some of Handicraft Villages in Viet Nam that you should visit
- To he craft village in Ha Noi
Like all other Vietnamese ancient villages in the Red River Delta, Ha Thai has a communal house and pagoda for worshipping the village founder. Unlike most villages it is also famous far and wide for its distinguished lacquer ware that has existed for over 2000 years.
Ha Thai lacquer ware products are made with a centuries-old technique of applying and polishing layer upon layer of Vietnamese lacquer (Rhus Succedanea). Combined with egg shell and mother-of-pearl inlays, the lacquer ware found here comes in thousands designs and models. Among the most common are boxes, trays, vases, pots, albums, lamp-shades, plates and paintings. Each product is not only pleasing to the eye, but also useful and durable.