Holders of foreign driving license are not permitted to drive in Viet Nam unless they have a temporary Vietnamese license.
- The regulation for changing foreigners’ driving licenses
- What is the fees for visas, temporary residence cards to increase since 2013
- How much money does a person can carry, in foreign currencies and VND, upon their entry into and exit from Viet Nam?
- Foreign tourists to Viet Nam get VAT refunds?
- The helpful informative about Vietnamese currency
(An overseas Vietnamese in Australia): I have an Australian driving license which I want to convert into a Vietnamese one. What are the procedures?
You have to comply with Point h, Item 5, Article 44 and Item 4, Article 45 of Circular 07/2009/TT-BGTVN, dated June 19, 2009 of the Ministry of Transport which specifies the training, testing and grant of road motor vehicle driver licenses in Viet Nam.
Applicants have to prepare two sets of dossier, each contains the following:
– An application form (as stipulated in Appendix 29 of the Circular) for the conversion of an overseas driving license. The application must be certified by local authorities or competent agencies;
– Notarized Vietnamese translation of the foreign driving license; (read How to convert driving licenses in Vietnam)
– A copy of passport or ID card;
– Two color photos in 3×4 size.
One set of dossier must be sent to the Directorate for Roads of Viet Nam. The applicant keeps the other set for archive.
The fee for conversion is VND 30,000 (US$1.5) per case./.