These question below were updated in 2012.
1. Why you should travel by train?
There are over 15.000 visitors travel by train in Vietnam per year.
Vietnam railway system provides all railway routes from North to Sourth with the best trains. These trains include Reunification Express Train, Orient Express Train, King Express Train and Victoria Express Train and so on. They will take you to discover a large number of famous tourist attractions in Vietnam such as Sapa, Hanoi, Vinh (Uncle Ho’s Father land), Hue, Danang, Quynhon, Nhatrang, Phanthiet and Saigon…
To save your time and your money, you can book tickets on this site: http://vietnam-railway.com. Tthe payment method of Vietnam-railway.com is not only convenient but also high-secure.
Beside, they will transfer your ticket to any where that in Vietnam for FREE.
>> Read more All about travel by train in Vietnam
2. What are the baggage regulations for train in Vietnam?
Carry-on Bags: The train cabins are allowed to carry baggages not to exceed the weight limitation of 20 kgs of adults and 10 kgs of children. This baggages must be wrapped neatly and reliably.
3. How do I buy tickets for my Children?
After you choose your route, you will must fill the number of adults and children (if any). Children prices of children’s ticket follow these rules:
Under 2 years: FREE.
From 2 to under 5 years old (and shorter than 1.3m): 50% of adult price for the North – South routes and vice versa. But on Hanoi – Sapa routes and vice versa, the children will have to pay full price like adults.
Over 5 years old: 100% of adult price.
4. I purchased your train tickets, but I can’t get the train at my booking date. What are the refund regulations for train in Vietnam?
Cancellation policies vary, depending upon the type of ticket booking, the time of year, and the reason for cancellation. Below are the rules for cancellation & refund after the tickets have been issued:
• 35% cost of ticket will be charged in case of cancellation or amendment after 15 days departure.
• 50% cost of ticket will be charged in case of cancellation or amendment from 2 – 14 days before departure.
• 100% cost of ticket will be charged in case of cancellation or amendment within 24 hours before departure.
• About the tourist train from Hanoi to Sapa and returning (The Orient express train): The train ticket is not refundable in any case.
We reserves the rights to cancel your booking with a prior notice. In such case, a full refund of 100% will be credited to your account.
5. How to book a train ticket with online?
To book a train ticket, access Vietnam-Railway.Com then follow these steps:
Step 1: Choose the route on the home page that you wish to purchase and click “Book” and then select the date of the travel.
Step 2: The cart shows all train tickets you are about to purchase, once you are done with the selection process, click proceed to check out.
Step 3: Pay online secure for your train ticket.
Step 4: Be contacted by our ticket agents with regard to the ticket delivery points and any other special requests you may have.
6. Can I get the train to Hoi An?
Hoi An does not have the train station and the closest one is Danang station. The distance from Danang to Hoi An is about 30 minutes by bus or car. You should get over night train from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City to Danang and then take a bus or taxi to Hoi An easily.
7. Is it possible to purchase a ticket that allows for multiple stops?
The train does not allow a ticket for multiple stops in Vietnam. You only use a ticket for a route (stop). If you want to come many places by train in Vietnam, you should make plan for your trips clearly that you will not miss the train. For Example:
I want to take the train from Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) city to Hanoi. And I want to pass Nha Trang, Danang and Hue. So, I have to book 4 tickets for 4 route, following:
8. When I pay the train tickets on your website successfully but you confirm that my order is unavailable. So, How long can I be refunded of money?
Your money will refund 100% of the fare to you within 15 days.
9. How can I pay for my ticket?
You can pay by credit card, bank transferring, Western Union.